A clean house helps clear your mind and makes it easier to think and dwell in your home. However, you may not know what to clean first or how to do it. Our cleaning advice can help you quickly refresh your environment.
Why You Need Cleaning Advice or a Cleaning Service
Incorrect cleaning may lead to dirty surfaces that foster viruses and bacteria. For example, failing to use a fresh, clean cloth can lead to allergies and respiratory problems.
Additionally, incorrect cleaning practices can damage your property. By using the wrong water or cleaning products, the surfaces in your house can fray, buckle, or discolour. A beautiful carpet can become a splotchy mess with faulty cleaning methods.
Following tried-and-true cleaning advice helps you provide a clean space for yourself while keeping your environment undamaged. If you become too busy to clean up, you can always rely on County View Cleaning to freshen your home.
Our Cleaning Tips for You
1. Take time to complete daily and weekly cleaning tasks
Doing bits of cleaning throughout the day turns big cleaning projects into bite-sized activities. Try to integrate them into your regular habits:
- Make the beds
- Wipe down kitchen surfaces with mild cleaning products
- Find clutter and misplaced items and put them in the right spots
- Wash your bedsheets with warm water unless otherwise advised
- Fold and put away laundry
- Wipe down bathroom surfaces and kitchen appliances with a damp cloth and an all-purpose cleaner
2. Patience helps with dirty surfaces
Instead of wasting time scrubbing, you can let tough stains and gunk soak in cleaning products or hot water. The fluids help break down mildew, dried food, and other hard-grip messes. Let’s look at three examples of the soak method:
- Faucets: Use vinegar and a plastic bag to keep cleaner against the nozzle
- Dishes: Fill the kitchen sink with warm water and leave them under for a few minutes
- Linens/Carpets: Use the preferred cleaner for the type of stain by soaking or patting with a wet cloth
Remember to set a timer to check back on the objects you soak! Do not leave it so long that you forget it.
3. Work smarter, not harder
You can make your home spotless with materials you may already have on hand. With the proper method, you may not need extra elbow grease or effort to clean up.
- Use vinegar and newspaper on reflective surfaces, like mirrors
- Blot stains with a dry cloth before letting them soak in cleaner
- Place refrigerator shelves in the dishwasher
What Happens if You Don’t Follow This Cleaning Advice?
As tedious as cleaning can feel, much of the problem comes from ineffective cleaning methods. If you don’t follow this cleaning advice, you may make the process harder for yourself than necessary.
Frankly, some people leave things to sit the longer they don’t work on them. A bowl on your bedroom table could become two, then three. One unaddressed stain on the carpet leads to three more hidden under the rug.
You could make yourself ill with the build-up of grime, dirt, and bacteria. Moreover, you add unnecessary mental stress to your life. Living in a cluttered and smelly space negatively affects our mental health, which is why we require good cleaning habits.
If you don’t have the time to clean or don’t know where to start, you can call on County View Cleaning’s cleaning professionals. Our team knows the best cleaning advice and solutions and can make any room as good as new. Bedfordshire residential and commercial property owners rely on us to make their lives easier and fresher.
Call 01582 455656 today to schedule your appointment and request a free domestic cleaning quote.